Friday, July 15, 2011

Letter to Appeal Unemployment Decision

Enclosed is a copy of a lette that was sent to me by ___--schools which led me to believe I was elgible for unemployment benefits.

II was initially denied a claim because I work within a school district in accordance with Unemployment Insurance Code Section 1253.3. The claim denial was based on my reasonable assurance to work in _____School District the following year.

Because I cannot fully pay my bills substitute teaching, I do not consider myself primarily a substitute teacher. These three positions fully supplement each other in order so I can barely make rent. My thought process is because if one jobs falters, then I have something to fall back on. To earn a living, I must also have other sources of income. these include acting and umpiring baseball as an independent contractor.

I enjoy substitute teaching and working within the community immensely, however also need to set my sights on a job that pays a wage above the poverty level. I would like to receive benefits for the summer. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment