Saturday, July 16, 2011

Letter to Costco

To Whom It May Concern,
I've noticed a certain amount of Costco stores in California are losing the Hebrew Natioanl hot dog brand and replacing them with Kirkland Brand hot dogs. I am looking to learn more information about this switch.

My first impression was rising prices of hot dogs meant that a switch was in line to go to a less expensive affordable brand for consumers. But then I realized another, albeit, less likely possibility would be a kosher certification is nearly irrelevant considering all the dairy and pork being prepared in the food prep area.

It seems as if the primary market of hot dogs at Costco is for people who don't care where their food comes from or how it is materialized. These people seem to be concerned with quantity over quality.

Nevertheless, I miss kosher hot dogs!


No comments:

Post a Comment